The plight: “Good morning sir, please I need your help. I’ve been battling with masturbation right from my childhood and I don’t know how to put an end to it totally. I pray and fast about it at times, then it will stop for some weeks and later on, I’ll be back to it. Pls, help me to stop it totally sir.”
Pleasant evening, my friend.
Glad to read from you.
I can definitely feel the sincerity of your pain in the mail you sent, however, this much I will say for now (and I pray you “get it”):
1. NOBODY can help you “stop it totally”; not me, not you—except God and His grace.
2. This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whether or not God loves you or accepts you. He always will love, accept, cherish, provide for, bless, and help you day in day out, whether you stop this or not.
3. But then (and most importantly) for the sake of fruitfulness in God’s kingdom (by being able to inspire and encourage others that are presently or will be passing through this same street in the future as I’m doing for you now), it is a BIG NEED for you to stop for good… [And understand that fruitfulness is the ONE THING that will distinguish believers from believers when we stand before God on the last day, for the fruitful shall be rewarded and the fruitless shall “suffer loss”]
4. But (as in my own case) I didn’t stop because I wanted to stop (otherwise, I would have stopped immediately after it started). I later found out (after mastering point number 2 above to a fault) that the tempter let me be because he came to terms with the fact that come-what-may, he will always lose. If he brings the temptation and I shrug it off, I win (and become stronger). If he brings the temptation and I fall for it, I still win (because when he reports me to My Dad, it doesn’t change the way HE sees me and Jesus never stops interceding for me—so the devil is just helpless in all of this—he always [and will always] lose!)
5. You’ve tried fasting; you’ve tried praying (and trust me, I tried both, too); but try embracing the simple fact that you are still God’s child even if you still masturbate. And the more God’s unexplainable love seeps through you, the more you get the power to be free as you’ve always wanted.
“I write this, dear children, to guide you out of sin. But if anyone does sin, we have a Priest-Friend in the presence of the Father: Jesus Christ, righteous Jesus. When he served as a sacrifice for our sins, he solved the sin problem for good—not only ours, but the whole world’s.” (1 John 2:1-2 MSG)